Thursday, July 31, 2008

101 Web 2.0 Tutorials - What is it?

Blogged with the Flock Browser


Video Blog Link

This year in my Health Science Technology Education we are launcing our first ever Project-Based Learning experience called the HSTE Project. I won't go in to that project here, you can visit the project link or the HSTE Project Blog, or the HSTE Project Ning for information about our project.

During the course of the project, my students, our project partners and others who will be participating will be using many Web 2.0 applications to post to our Wikispace and Ning sites. I anticipate that not everyone will be familiar with some of these applications, so 101 Web 2.0 Tutorials is needed to show people how to use these exciting new tools available to them. There is also a 101 Web 2.0 Tutorials Wikispace.

I created a wikispace called Web 2.0 tools for our HSTE Project some time ago. I thought that this would be a good place to list and give a short description of the Web 2.0 tools we use in our project. But then I got to thinking, just a list with a link to the application's website and a short description would not be enough and would not show people how to use those applications.

I got the idea for this by way of Alan Levine's who blogs at CogDogBlog and his wikispace 50 Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story.

Digital Storytelling will be a big component of our HSTE Project. I expect that many of my students will be submitting their stories that they create to Story Chasers an initiative started by Wes Fryer who blogs at Moving at the Speed of Creativity.

So why is the name of this blog 101 Web 2.0 Tutorials? Well, Alan Levine had 50 ways so I figured I should include a number and for some reason 101 just stuck in my mind. I don't think it has anything do to with 101 Dalmatians, however.

I would like to, by the end of the 2008 - 2009 school year have 101 video tutorials here on this blog. Is it possible to make 101 tutorials this year? I don't know but I am going to try.

Hopefully what is presented on this blog will be of some value to my students, fellow teachers at Hereford ISD and anyone else interested in learning about the exciting Web 2.0 applications.

.

No comments: